It all started off with seeing "shivamma" the emotion less, strightfaced bhelpuri gaadi lady on a certain road, mixing bhelpuri! I used to buy 50ps bhel from her while I was in probably PUC. I never saw her again. And when I first saw her after 15 years, the first thought that came to my mind was a kind of "happiness". Here she was, the lady I knew, who still owned a gaadi. I wondered if she had progressed in life or she lead the same life she used to! Old times always bring happiness, no matter how bitter. It is so true that we, human beings, remember only the good things that have happened in our lives. Now isn't that a gift? Imagine us having to carry the burden of our mistakes, our misfortune, our losses day in and day out! There is no way we can smile, if that was the case!
A ball boy in the tennis court takes care of plants and grows vegetables. I felt so good when I realized he was plucking out bitter gourds, bananas and jasmine from the shrubs and trees around. The shrubs he had planted, took care of and reaped the yield! He was so happy while doing that chore! I was so happy for him! Why? Well, I don't know the problems he has in his life. I have my doubts about whether he is able to make ends meet and yet he has a smile on his face at 7 in the morning. I wish I could see his face when he gets those vegetables home, cooks a meal and eats it. I want to be there to experience that moment.
I felt happy just being alive! I feel happy for what I am today, for having the things I do today. We often take so so many things for granted in life and I want to remind myself that nothing in this life is ordinary. Every moment is a miracle, a journey to be cherished. It's just that we tend to not keep our eyes and hearts open. How often have we:
Felt the water droplets on our body, felt good about it and felt happy that there is water around?
Felt the morning sun on us and felt good about waking up to a new day with its endless possibilities?
Felt the itch in our ears and how good it feels when you use ear buds to clean even though there isn't too much dirt?
Felt good drinking water and appreciate how tasty it is, even though it it the most tasteless thing, arguably?
The list goes on and on....
And yet we so often complain about everything that is happening to us; when really everything is so wonderful. Are we just complaining about our own inadequacies and us failing to do what we are supposed to do? What is it that we want that would make us happy? I am sure there isn't anything in this world that would give us "absolute happiness" (so called)!!
Live the moments!!
No comments:
Post a Comment